Google Custom Search

Monday, July 23, 2007

Unity


No, this isn't me. Pretty cute, though. The photo is complements of Wikipedia.

A couple of years ago at a Yoga Teacher Training with Todd Norian, one of our homework assignments was to place a picture of ourselves on an alter used for Yoga practice. This seemed egotistical and odd to me. After a couple of weeks, I finally found a photo to use that didn't have other people in it. At that time, other items on the alter included a statue of Buddha and a framed card of Saraswati.

As I paid homage to these great deities and what they stood for, I was humbled to see my own self amongst them. As tears trickled down my face, I began to understand at a deeper level that if we are all connected (which I adamantly believe and science backs up) that I, too, am Buddha. I am Saraswati.

This brought more meaning to my practice and my life. So, find a photo. Place it in an area with other figures that are meaningful to you and see what happens. It just might surprise you.

Love Much,

Kris
http://www.totalhealthyoga.com/
http://www.learnyogaonline.blogspot.com/

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

No comments: