Google Custom Search

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Great Blogs

A great post at Just Breath reminds us that it takes courage to make decisions that bring us closer to our "real" Self. Sometimes what appears to be running away is really finding what we need in order to return to our true nature and share that with others. I salute Nadine's courage to move across the globe and to spread the news about South Africa. Here is the comment I left on her post:

"Very touching post. Your comment "I am in some ways less than I thought, and in other ways more."It is commendable to make efforts to help the world as a whole; one thing Yoga teaches us over and over is that we must feel inside what we strive to bring to the world. So to safety and faith; only then can you truly offer them."

Nadine's issues are global and something we can all take concern with, but this same principle applies in all of life. I maintained a friendship once because I thought this lady "needed me." It was very draining and took almost six months, before I realized that I wasn't helping anyone by staying in it. After breaking the ties, my energy returned and not only did I feel better, but my ability to share these great feelings with those around me spread.

Do what brings you closer to God/Self/True Nature;
not what you think you are obligated to do.


Love Much,

Kris
www.TotalHealthYoga.com
www.TotalHealthYogaClasses.Blogspot.com

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

1 comment:

Everyday Yogini said...

I agree with you completely on all counts! I read that post and thought, "What courage it takes to do what is right for us as individuals!" Nadine is a brave, beautiful example of Yoga... thank you for calling this out on your blog, Kris!