Google Custom Search

Sunday, February 17, 2008

And now for something completely different.....

WARNING: Swearing and an unusual tone for me follows!

I wrote this last summer while sitting on my back porch after being hearing a group of people talk about how hopeless life is; how there are no real choices. As you can tell, this got my goat.

Why take over six months to post this? Because it was a rant: an out-of-control rant. Sometimes I find it healthy to just get all my frustration out on paper (instead of in someone's face) and then go to exploring my feelings and finding compassion.

I debated on posting this, but I remember once how a student was amazed when I talked about losing it with my dog one day. She commented what a relief it was to see her Yoga teacher had bad days too.

So, here's my very human and angry rant. Anger at my own fears, hesitations, and uncertainties. Anger at those around me that encourage or justify these limitations. I don't expect you'll see a lot of these as fortunately meditation has helped them to become fewer and fewer.

****************************
Belief, Man, that’s where it’s at.

Forget the crap about hard work and nose to the grindstone. What were these guys thinking? If you don’t have faith, if you don’t believe in yourself and what you’re doing, you don’t stand a chance. Why bother to pour your sweat and tears into something that you don’t even have believe in? It’s insane. The way we’re raised is insane. What the hell is going on here?

Life is more than working for the Man. It’s being the Man! You heard me, being the Man. Wrap you’re brain around that one for a minute. You. The Man. One in the same.

Don’t bail on me just yet. Think about it. You have the power. You make the decisions. You create the plans. You show your creative genius!

It’s there, trust me. I know you’re a creative genius. You know you’re a creative genius. So, what’s stopping you?

Fear, I tell you. Fear that you’re not good enough. Fear that you don’t have any new ideas. Fear that it’s all been done before.

Bull shit!

There are new ideas and discoveries cropping up every day. Just this year a whole new breed of shark was discovered off the coast of New Zealand. Scientists thought they had it all figured out and then quantum physics came in and questioned everything. Literally, everything! Even the way we think.

How’s that for new shit?

Pretty powerful stuff and here you are sitting on your ass saying there’s nothing new to be said.

Again, bullshit!

Take a chance. Follow an impulse. Do what makes your heart sing.

And don’t you dare tell me, you can’t. Family to support, not enough time, pension, whatever.

Stop the excuses now. Grab life by the balls and go for it!



Kris
www.TotalHealthYoga.com
www.TotalHealthYogaClasses.Blogspot.com

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh man, this kind of this gets me a little wound up also. Of course we have choices! We just have to take responsibility for them. I really cringe when in a western 1st world country, people complain about something they CAN change and most of the time, if they just got off their buts, that is what'd make the difference.