Google Custom Search

Monday, October 15, 2007

Dharma - Passion for Life

Dr. Joe Vitale recently entered a post about finding your passion. He suggests imagining that you have just won or been given tons of money. After any initial spending sprees, what do you do? This is your passion. The next step is finding out how to create a living doing this passion. What he calls 'profitable passion.'

What a great way to live life. To know what brings you joy and do it every day!

Periodically, I question myself and ask "What makes me want to get up in the morning excited to start the day?" If I can wake up every (or most) mornings and look forward to the day ahead, then I know that I'm following my dharma and living my passion.

In The Heart of Yoga, TKV Desikachar defines dharma as duty or ethical value. In Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, by BKS Iyengar, he describes dharma is the 'first of the four aims of life, science of duty, religious duty, virtue.' Sometimes Iyengar simply equates dharma to duty.

My favorite teacher on the subject of dharma is Aadil Palkhivala, founder of Purna Yoga. He has a brief YouTube regarding the subject. He talks about the importance of knowing yourself in order to know who to "be". Otherwise, we tend to attempt "being" someone that we are not.


"Dharma is the reason you are alive." - Aadil Palkhivala
Yoga is a tool to help you find and live your dharma.
Love Much,

Kris
http://www.totalhealthyoga.com/
http://www.learnyogaonline.blogspot.com/

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

No comments: