Google Custom Search

Friday, March 21, 2008

The Sounds of Silence

Communicating is a wonderful thing. Sometimes a phone call to a dear friend is just what the doctor ordered. Anyone that knows me, knows that I love to talk--maybe a bit too much!

At 43 years of age, I'm realizing the need to be quiet more. To listen. It's only when I'm silent that I stay fully aware of the moment and am truly open to receive what is around me.

Inspired by Eckhart Tolle, Deepak Chopra, Anodea Judith, and Dr. Wayne Dyer, I have been and will be blogging less frequently than in the past. Perhaps this will change one day, but at this phase in my life I want to hear more clearly; frankly I feel pretty sure that it's time to "just shut up" for a while. Less opinions and more openness. Less outpouring and more incoming.

Less thinking and more being!

Sounds like perimenopause talking; regardless here are some thoughts on silence to ponder:

Silence in the doorway to the soul.
“We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls.” ~ Mother Teresa
“Silence is a source of great strength.” ~ Lao Tzu
“See how nature - trees, flowers, grass - grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...we need silence to be able to touch souls.” ~ Mother Teresa
"It has been said God’s one and only voice is silence. No matter how you attempt to slice it up, silence is always silence. This indivisible root source of oneness is where the act of creation originates. " ~ Dr. Wayne Dyer

Love Much,

Kris
www.TotalHealthYoga.com
www.TotalHealthYogaClasses.Blogspot.com

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do agree. "Silence is Golden" did not become a cliche for no reason. Although I have been trying to be silent myself, background music has helped me with this. 2 CDs in particular. NAID's Varanasi and interfaith CD Sacred Blessings with songs selected by inspriational speaker Anthony Robbins. Check them out at www.kosmicmusic.com