Google Custom Search

Friday, August 24, 2007

God - Connecting with God through Meditation

"We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls."- Mother Teresa

A wise student once shared with the class "to listen to what I mean, not what I say." This stemmed from a conversation about the use of a term to describe the force behind our thoughts, the energy that is only felt yet not seen, the presence that brings with it peace and true happiness. Some call this God or Jesus. Others like Buddha, Allah, or Krishna. The list doesn't stop here. You might have heard Mother Earth, Higher Consciousness, Self (with a capitol "S"), Divine Nature, or Source. The terminology is truly endless.

For years, I had trouble with the word "God". It's a long story for perhaps another time. The point is, as I withdrew from this word so strongly, I missed some very valuable lessons from some great masters. I was hung up on the word and forgot the broader meaning that can be applied to it. Thanks to some wise friends and great authors, I can now heed the student's advise. "Listen to what I mean, not what I say."

Now, I interpret whatever word is being used for what it actually means to me. Every relationship with God (or whatever word you like), is very personal. So, listen to the wisdom of all religions and non-religions. Digest and absorb what fits for you and let the rest go.

To deepen your own personal relationship with Spirit (whatever that means for you), I will be offering a Japa Meditation class on Oct 13.

Love Much,

Kris
www.TotalHealthYoga.com
www.LearnYogaOnline.Blogspot.com

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

No comments: